Data grid function provides a tabular view for entity records. This feature can also be used to create front-end editing capability by linking the data grid to a WPAS submit form.
Creating Data grids
Data grids are very useful display entity records in a tabular format. Data grids provide more functionality compared to HTML forms. Users can sort, search and export one or more records in different formats. WPAS data grids also offer a mobile view, ability to enable/disable user selected columns, ajax based page navigation, and ability to create, update and delete new records and more.
Datagrid tag function can be used to create advanced tabular displays without introducing complexity in entity or widget viewsFunction structure Function example
- Unique Name: An identifier which uniquely identifies this data grid.
- Default Attr List separated by semicolon: The semicolon separated list of attribute tags which will make up the value of this data grid.
- Default Attr Labels separated by semicolon: The semicolon separated list of attribute labels which will make up the column headers of this data grid
- Grid Type: The type grid which will created. The default is R.
- Entity Name: The name of the main entity where the meta data comes from.
- Relationship Name: Set the relationship name if you want to use this data grid to create connections from the main entity to other entities. Leave it '' if not.
- Relationship Type: For con-relation, set it connected. For rel-relation, set it related.
- Create New Entity with Relationship Form Name: Set the name of the submit form which will be used to create a main entity record. When set, "Add New button" is displayed.
- Create Relationship: Set 0 for creating new relationship records using the submit form. Set 1 if you want to allow users to create relationships of only existing records.