FreeDev API access is designed to teach basic concepts of WP App Studio. Once you download and activate WP App Studio plugin, you get Margarita App pre-installed. In this tutorial, we will work on this app to create a custom WordPress Plugin.
Steps to generate your first app
- Download and activate WP App Studio plugin
- Click on “Margarita App” from the list
- Change the name from “Margarita App” to something else. Exp, MyFirstApp
- Click on the app name you renamed in the step 3
- Click on “Settings” menu and click “Update” link
- Change the textdomain field to something else. Exp, myfirstapp. Optionally, change other fields marked in red (Required fields)
- Click “Update” button
- Click “Generate” button – green button on the top-right of the screen- to go to Generation screen
- Make sure your license is valid and active
- Click Licenses menu link and enter your license key after selecting your plan from the dropdown.
- Click Save.
- After a successful save, you will see “Activate License” button. Click to activate your license.
- If your license key is valid, you will see “VALID ✓“.
- Click “Generate” button (Blue) again
- While in generation screen, click on “Refresh” button to check generation status
- Once the plugin code is ready, click on “Status Link” to download your own plugin
- Upload your plugin like any other WordPress plugin and activate from Plugins page